We built our simple Megamenu in previous section. We are now going to build a little complex mega menu using King Composer.
- Navigate to Static Content > Static Blocks.
- It should display the "Mega-Menu-v2" that we created from previous section.
- Click on edit and you should see an existing text block.
- Delete the text edit block by hovering over the block and clicking on the button which has the close icon.
1. The Grid
- Our Complex Megamenu item will now have 4 columns.
- On the top-right of each row, you will find a grid icon, next to the move icon.
- Click on the grid icon and it will expand to various grid option available.
- We will select a predefined grid which is 1/2 + 1/2.
- Once you click on the predefined grid layout it will look like this :
2. Populating the Grid
- King Composer comes with lot of elements that can be added to the Grid.
Row 1 has 2 columns.
- Column 1 - Click Add Element button. Let us add Custom Menu widget under Widgets. I have already created a menu (via Appearance > Menus).
- Widget Title : COLLECTION
- Menu : Menu-3 ( name of the menu created already)
- Column 2 - Click Add Element button. Let us add Custom Menu widget under Widgets. I have already created a menu (via Appearance > Menus).
- Widget Title : ACCESORIES
- Menu : Menu-4 ( name of the menu created already)
Row 1 - Click on the Add button. It should popup Add Element button. Let us add Single Image widget under All. Upload Single Image.
Row 2 - Click on the Add button. It should popup Add Element button. Let us add Single Image widget under All.Upload Single Image.
3. How does the Grid look after populating ?
Click on Publish button and view the output.
The megamenu now looks advanced and neat. What if we want the megamenu to be full width ? It is easy.
- Go back to Appearance > Menus .
- Click on the caret on the top-right of menu item that contains the megamenu subitem to expand it.
- In the CSS Classes text box, enter
yamm-fw. This will make the subitem extend to full width of the container.
- If the CSS Classes field is not visible. Click on Screen Options on the top-right corner of the screen and check on CSS Classess under Show advanced menu properties.
- Click on Save Menu.